Private Hire Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of hire
- The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all passengers on board including additional costs incurred in performing the contract whether or not they actually travel with the party.
- Quotations are given for minibuses with driver only and are valid for 7 days unless otherwise specified. Due to the fuel market price volatility, NATA reserves the right to pass on any increase in costs to the hirer.
- The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and, if applicable, return journeys, nor that the vehicle will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use (unless this has been agreed with NATA in advance). We will levy additional charges for additional mileage or time to that agreed. The charges will be pro rata and in accordance with the booking confirmation unless otherwise agreed.
- The maximum number of passengers allowed on the vehicle is 16. No standing passengers allowed.
- Animals will not be carried on any vehicle, except guide dogs.
- Payment must be made in full, seven days prior to the hire date/period, unless agreed otherwise.
- Cancellation fees apply:
- Two hours after making the booking and up to the final 24 hours prior to the hire – 50% of the booking fee is payable
- Cancellations with less than 24 hours notice require 100% of the booking fee to be paid.
- In the unlikely event of prevailing circumstances, an emergency, or an action by the hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the company may return all monies paid and, without further liability, cancel the contract.
- The route used will be at the discretion of NATA and/or the driver (unless the hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed). The minibus will depart at the times agreed by the hirer and it is their responsibility to account for all passengers at those times. The company will not accept liability for any losses incurred by the passengers who fail to follow instructions given by the hirer.
- Law regulates the hours of operation of the driver and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by NATA. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to drivers hours and duty time. If any breach is likely to occur the hirer will be responsible for any additional costs.
- NATA will not accept liability for any damage to or loss of passenger property.
- The driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Passenger misconduct is not acceptable and the hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hire.
- Complaints must be made within seven days of the date of hire by writing to North Area Transport Association, 59 Charles Street, Royston, Glasgow G21 2PR.
- No bill, poster or notice is to be displayed on any vehicle without NATA’s prior consent.
- The consumption of alcoholic drinks on board the vehicle is prohibited.
- All minibuses are non-smoking vehicles.